Come one, come all to the Golden Gate Park Community Garden’s 3rd anniversary. We’re going to celebrate the garden and the people who enjoy it with a party on Sunday, October 23.
- Compost harvesting/give-away 10am – 12pm
- Potluck lunch & family fun activities 12pm – 1pm
- Membership meeting 1pm – 2pm
We’ll start with harvesting and distributing the compost that we’ve been making in the garden and then have a potluck lunch with activities for kids. Finally, we want to have some time set aside for members to raise questions or comments about the garden as we plan for 2017. Highlights of changes we anticipate in 2017 are listed below:
- Dues – Dues of $10/year from each member will be collected for 2017. We welcome donations above this amount from any gardener who would like to contribute more. Payment details to follow.
- Monthly Work Days – There will be a garden work day held on the second Sunday of every month from 10am to 1pm. From March to October, there will be another work day on the Monday following the second Sunday. If a work day falls on a holiday, we’ll post changes in the garden.
- Membership Agreement 2017 – The governance group is proposing some clarifications and minor changes to the Membership Agreement.